Napoli's Senegalese worldwide centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly certainly believes Sarri is headed to Chelsea as he told English radio station talkSPORT after his country's opening 2-1 victory over Poland in the World Cup.
The Sun says Chelsea are set to appoint Maurizio Sarri as their new boss after reaching a £9.5million agreement to terminate the contracts of Conte and his backroom staff.
Sarri though remains a big fan of Mertens who he converted from a winger to a very successful striker at Napoli who consistently ended up as one of the top goalscorers in the Serie A.
According to The Daily Mirror, Sarri has made the 31-year-old forward his No 1 summer target and wants to play him on the right of a front three next season.
"[Chelsea fans] can expect nice football because he is a very good coach", Koulibaly told talkSPORT after Senegal's win.
Oil complex rallies despite China/US trade tension - Oil
Despite potential downward pressure from large producers increasing output, Goldman Sachs maintained its bullish outlook. President Donald Trump last week pushed ahead with hefty tariffs on $ 50 billion of Chinese imports, starting on July 6.
Golovin's potential has caught the attention of several Premier League clubs with the Express claiming that Arsenal and Manchester United have held a long-standing interest in the midfielder while Italian champions Juventus have also been linked more recently.
Current Chelsea manager Antonio Conte, who has closely observed Mertens from his time in Italy, was eager to sign him when he was appointed at the helm in 2014.
Gianfranco Zola's agent has said he has not yet had any contact with Chelsea amid reports that Zola left his role as a pundit on Tuesday to fly to London. They have to give him time because he will suit the football of Chelsea.
The summer transfer window is open and managers are working hard on their transfer targets so we'll bring you all the latest gossip from around the globe.