Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur is now facing a seventh premeditated murder charge while the investigative team is combing through cold cases from mid-1970s to late 1990s in search other potential cases connected to the 66-year-old Toronto landscaper, Toronto police said Wednesday.
Previous identified victims were Andrew Kinsman, Soroush Mahmudi, and Skandaraj Navaratnam.
Police are also waiting for warmer weather to investigate other properties associated with McArthur, Idsinga said.
Toronto police said last week that they are looking for any links between McArthur and a series of grisly, unsolved murders from the 1970s.
McArthur was arrested on January 18, one day after police uncover evidence that "pushed the case over the edge", allowing them to charge McArthur in the deaths of Kinsman and Esen while initiating a massive search of properties connected to McArthur.
The update will be live streamed here at 1:30 p.m. In February, he was also charged in the death of Skandaraj Navaratnam.
Idsinga said Faisi, who was 42 when he disappeared on December 29, 2010, was one of the three men whose disappearances were linked through Project Houston, a task force launched by Toronto police in 2012, to look into the disappearances of the three men from Toronto's Gay Village.
Cubs' home opener put on hold
Roger Bossard, the head groundskeeper for the White Sox, said the Cubs had to deal with more than 3 inches of snow. Baez has enjoyed success against the Pirates, posting a.289 average with 17 RBI's in the last three seasons.
The most recent count was laid on Wednesday, when McArthur was formally charged in the death of 42-year-old Abdulbasir Faizi.
The first police probe - named Project Houston - was launched in 2012 to investigate the disappearances of Faizi, Kayhan and Navaratnam. McArthur was interviewed by police during that project but it was closed in 2014. As of now, the charges against McArthur haven't been proven in court.
McArthur, 66, was wearing an orange jumpsuit and was standing close to the camera during his physical appearance, based on this Toronto Star. He is scheduled to return to court April 25.
In early March, police announced they had recovered at the remains of at least seven people from planters at a home on Mallory Crescent where McArthur kept his landscaping equipment.
The city's police board has also approved an external review, requested by Mayor John Tory, that will look into how the force handled the cases of men missing from the gay village. Hank Idsinga released a photograph of an unidentified man that he believes is a victim of Bruce McArthur. Police said at the time that they believe the man was already dead when the photo was taken.
Chief Mark Saunders has also initiated an internal review that will become public, and has called for some form of public inquiry.