Alex Trebek Says He Underwent Brain Surgery, Takes Medical Leave

'Jeopardy!' Host Alex Trebek On Medical Leave Following Surgery

Alex Trebek Says He Underwent Brain Surgery, Takes Medical Leave

"Surgery was performed. After two days in the hospital, I came home", Trebek explained in a video posted to the Jeopardy Twitter account.

"Jeopardy" show host Alex Trebek reveals that he had brain surgery to remove blood clots, and has taken a medical leave from the show.

He underwent surgery on December 16, 2017, and was released two days later. The 77-year-old host was diagnosed with a subdural hematoma after he hit his head during a fall in October 2017.

"The prognosis is excellent and i expect to be back in the studio taping more Jeopardy! programs very, very soon", he said.

He also thanked viewers for their concern.

Central Florida's last Kmart will close this spring
The Bangor Daily News reports Sears Holdings announced Thursday it's closing its location in the Bangor Mall in April. Sears stores elsewhere in Alaska - in Fairbanks, Wasilla and Juneau - were not among the latest closures.

4, NBC News reported production of the show had been "suspended briefly" while Trebek had an operation to remove blood clots in his brain.

Trebek is expected to make a full and complete recovery. Sony Pictures, which produces the show, said they will return to filming new tapings with Trebek in mid-January.

Trebek has been hosting the Emmy-winning show since Griffin decided in 1984 to revive it as a daily daytime show.

"Jeopardy!" is taped months ahead of time. Fans of Jeopardy! cannot only take solace in knowing the longtime host has recovered nicely (he is expected back in the studio later this month), but that his medical issue did not interfere with the show's broadcast schedule.

"Otherwise, JEOPARDY!'s broadcast schedule is unaffected".

Latest News